Tuesday, April 7, 2009

March in revue

So this month I got a life. Sort of. Whatever happened my new movie list is pretty abysmal. Five new films this month, plus a bonus viewing of Annie Hall was about it. I'll highlight the film(s) I liked from this month, but I won't bother with a top three. That would seem pretty redundant. Like a sentence that explains itself ahead of time.

Watchmen – Zack Snyder (2009)
Velvet Goldmine – Todd Haynes (1998)
Artificial Intelligence: AI – Steven Spielberg (2001)
The Class – Laurent Cantet (2008)
Waltz with Bashir – Ari Folman (2008)

So, I mean, you can read my reviews. Watchmen was horrific and most everything else was lukewarm. The Class was exceptional, and I'm hoping that April will prove to be contain more films of depth and value like the aforementioned film. I'm not off to a great start, with zero new movies watched by the 7th. Damn social life/work/sleeping keeping me from consuming culture.

On the plus side, beginning on the 19th, Amherst Cinema and Pleasant Street Theater will have two showings a week of some classic films from the likes of Dreyer, Fellini, Godard, Truffaut, and others, most of which I haven't seen. So expect to see reviews of those.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment